The Weirdest Thing I've Ever Seen

Reaction score
I have an old 20 gig iPod that died out of warranty with a HDD problem. it would only 'click', wouldn't boot into disk mode.

since I was going to take it into our Apple store and apply it towards another nano, my daughter and I started throwing it at the floor, furniture, etc.

after about 30 throws, the screen came on. it updated in iTunes, and it's playing again, it's acting like it's brand new.

totally unbelievable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Google "drop ipod to fix it" and you will come up with literally hundreds of entries that describe what you saw.

Here's a link to one such story.

High tech stuff.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I use to know a technician that all he would do to fix something is hit it, if it did not come back then he would actually fix it.

Reaction score
The good ole "Bash it one" technique is unlikely to be found in Apples official iPod troubleshooting FAQ, but as PB and caribiner contest, it's fixed many a problem...

BTW caribiner, the link is broken ... I think it's got one too many http's

... on second thoughts, forget that remark as it's suddenly working for me ...

No offence Digger but I can't help imagining the person in your avatar letting loose on a recalcitrant iPod...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Same thing happened to my 60Gb iPod Photo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.