putting mac to sleep for too long

Reaction score
hi guys... i was about to head back home, so i put my mac to sleep and i realise that i forget to shut it down for 2 days. when i open it, the batt was drained to 7 %. doess putting mac to sleep for too long will have any effect for ur mac ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your battery drained 93% in 2 days while in standby? Hmm, that seems a bit off. I leave it in standby for about 12 hours and I have the same charge left as when it went into standby, maybe one or two percentage points get used up at most. But losing almost your entire battery in 48 hours seems as though there might be some sort of problem.

Reaction score
hi guys... i was about to head back home, so i put my mac to sleep and i realise that i forget to shut it down for 2 days. when i open it, the batt was drained to 7 %. doess putting mac to sleep for too long will have any effect for ur mac ?

I would be careful about leaving your computer asleep while you transport it. If it comes out of sleep mode it's not good for the hard drive to be on and moving around. I was always taught to turn my laptop off when in transit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
A laptop with a decent battery should last roughly a week (7 days) in sleep mode, before it would fully deplete the battery from a full charge.

I never, ever shut my Macs down...I just put them to sleep. There's no way for the Mac to wake up in transit from sleep. The latch tells the Mac that the computer is closed, and to not wake up unless a USB device is plugged in. Even if somehow it did wake up, all new Apple laptops have motion sensors which constantly lock the hard drive head, when the computer is jolted or moved around too quickly, thus preventing damage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.