Newbie with EMac Power PC G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
First of all

HI!!

I hope I have posted in the correct area.....

Now that I have that over and done with, I am after some brief advice on my PC. As I already said it is a E MAc Power PC G4. Standard build spec I guess. Guess as this is my first Apple PC.....been on intel based PC's for years now. About this Mac tells me the folowing:
800 Mhz Power PC G4 (2.1)
384 MB SDram
Maxtor 40 Gig HDD
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Lite On CDRW / DVD read drive

Its in good condition and I have already attached a Logitech cordless laptop mouse.

Is it easy to upgrade and what would I do? I like to do it myself rather than pay someone else. I have built a few PC's over the years.

Excude the ignorance, but this a whole new world for me to play in......so far I like what I see. My only issue is that MAC's seem to be more expensive than other PC's.

Thanks and HI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
The E-mac is not really an upgradeable computer, you are be able to put a dvd burner in there, and add more ram, new hard drive, but the processor and video card is stuck where it is at.

go to www.lowendmac.com to find out what you can add into that computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.