Problem during shut down

Reaction score
Hi,
Sometimes when shutting down my Macbook i find that the monitor/HD etc appears to switch off but the green light on the right hand side of the front of the computer continues to flash

The computer will not restart until i hold the power button down twice for a few seconds each time

When it finished loading OSX tiger i receive a message telling me that it did not shut down properly last time...

This does not happen all the time, but it is just pretty annoying- very PC like....

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
How exactly are you shutting down your MacBook?

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm just clicking the apple icon in the finder then "shut down"
then "shut down" again when the dialogue box appears

I imagine this is the normal way of shutting down (not meaning to be a smart ****, i'm new to the world of macs as you can tell by this post)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
Yeah, that's the way you should do it. What needs do you have to shut down the MacBook? You can put it to sleep by just closing the lid. It will last in sleep mode for a couple of days.

OP
S
Reaction score
well i guess because if should work properly and i don't want to leave it on all the time....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
try to reset PMU (power management unit)

1. shut down (somehow:))
2. disconnect charger
3. remove battery
4. hold dawn power button for 5-7 seconds
5. insert battery
6. plug in the charger
7. push the power button to start up

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
Are you closing the lid before it has shut down?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.