Trial to Mac E-mail Only

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook + 20" Display + 19" Display
hi im really sorry i couldnt find this o the site !!:bone:

but is it possible to have a trial with .mac then just pay for the e-mail service cas i dont need the rest!

Thanks for Help

OP
MiniMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yer ive seen this page before its good but i dont have an account i just want to go straight to e-mail only

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Have you got the free Trial . ? when that runs out I think you get to keep the e-mail addy...I'm not sure

OP
MiniMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yer i have the free trial i herd about getting to keep the addy but i dont think its correct!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
It's not, mine expired the other day.

OP
MiniMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no worries, so basically i have to spend £68 !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
Yeah, I have the trial right now, but I am kind of skittish on whether to use it or not since I don't plan on paying for .Mac. I wish it allowed you to keep the email. It does, however, let you use your .mac name in iChat after the trial expiration. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I use it, I think its worth it... when you think about it, it only comes out to about 8.95 a month which is completely worth it to sync your address book on their server and never worry about loosing it, along with your ical, and have some online storage.. plus your e-mail all on one service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I got the trial service and to be honest, I haven't really gotten any use out of it. I already have a ton of email addresses, so another one doesn't really do me any good. I don't use Mail since I prefer to have all my mail sitting on a single computer, so I just have Thunderbird check my messages on my PC. I use Adium with my AIM and MSN screen names, so I don't need the mac name for iChat.

Looks like you can only sync Safari bookmarks, so that doesn't do me any good when I primarily use Firefox. All the contacts I need are in my Gmail account, so no use in syncing those either. Finally, I can only use Outlook for syncing with my PDA phone, so no point in using iCal.

Overall, .Mac is a great service if you use all the programs it supports. But for a person like myself who doesn't, it doesn't hold much use for me and thus I can't justify spending a hundred bucks a year on it. Even iDisk is useless to me since there are plenty of free and not to mention bigger online storage services available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.