• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What did you do on New Year's Eve?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Happy New Year!

Last night my friends and I went out for dinner, went to the fireworks and to cap it off we went to a nightclub. It was excellent.

M

MacHeadCase

I had great food with friends. Whooh!
icon10.gif

Reaction score
i was studying, preparing for the entrance examination for postgraduate~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Well, I stayed up till 3:30 AM on my PB, had a bunch of coke, a bit of champagne...etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The chapagne must have been wonderful, I'm sure.
icon12.gif

Why don't you come over to my house and we can mix the coke, coke zero, and the champagne. :headphone:

I have seen people anal about typing *cough* macrumors *cough* I don't think that was necesarry.

:mac:

Reaction score
I was at home, watched 24, and relaxed with a few friends. Went to sleep at 12:15 .

No big deal, after all, it's just Monday :)

M

MacHeadCase

Why don't you come over to my house and we can mix the coke, coke zero, and the champagne. :headphone:

I have seen people anal about typing *cough* macrumors *cough* I don't think that was necesarry.

:mac:
Thanks for the invite but nah. :girl:

Edited to add:

You don't need to set that line in white you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Was messing around with Photoshop CS2 while my gf was on my PowerBook and playing LoCoRoCo on my PSP. She had 4 wisdom teeth taken out on the 29th, so she couldn't drink if she wanted to. No big deal though. I enjoyed it.

Reaction score
We had a service at the church...so I was there till bout 12:40 AM or so. It was a good night. Happy New Years to everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the invite but nah. :girl:

Edited to add:

You don't need to set that line in white you know.
Sorry, It's a MacRumors thing. I have a rather large presence on MacRumors.username: imacintel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.16GHz
I drank a certain beverage and ended up hitting on my friends sister and almost breaking his tv.

It was all in good nature, however.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
We had a party. The first one I've had in probably 10 or 12 years. Went fairly well. Had about 12 people over and put out a huge spread. We let both of my kids (13 & 16) get trashed, talk about entertaining. My 16 year old who is normally very strait laced and low key got so drunk she couldn't even stand up and was rather wild. She hooked up with a buddy of mines 18 year old cousin (who's birthday happened to be the 31st of Dec) and was trying to perform moves from "Dirty Dancing" in my garage with him. We ended up separating them and I told him to lay off. I had to carry her to bed at 1230 (after she puked in the living room and spent 20 min in the bathroom with her head in the toilet), but she kept getting up to puke until about 2 when everyone sort of rolled out. My 13 year old who is normally very outgoing and strong willed with high self esteem became paranoid and needed reassurance that people liked her and that she was a good person. She also decided that one of my buddies, 25, was hot and wouldn't leave him alone. It was rather entertaining. In the end, both my kids ended up safely in their beds and slept it off. But the pictures I got of them both trashed are PRICELESS!

The 16 year old had to work this morning at 9, so I got up and drove her in. She was still a bit drunk and was just starting to feel "poorly" when she got to work. The younger one seems fine. The house was surprisingly untrashed. Oh, and my 16 year old claims the 18 year old guy wasn't hot, at least not when she's sober.

I stayed sober (only had two drinks all night), but my wife got pretty trashed too. Some of our friends got way trashed, but everyone sobered up and had a safe way home so it all worked out. All in all, a pretty fun party.

Reaction score
Mmh... Chäsfondue, that's like staple for meeee (check my location ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
My wife and I had a nice dinner, we made roast & vegetables in the crock pot all day, had a good salad to go with that, and had virgin-champagne... ie. sparkling cider. :)

Around 8:45 we had some home-made brownies & ice cream and watched the ball drop in NY, then she watched a movie while I was dozing and posting here... then we watched New Year's At the Needle (Space Needle in Seattle) and went to bed at around 12:30 - after all, I had to be at work by 7:30 this morning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Duty days SUCK! Good news is, tomorrow is a Federal Holiday now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Yes it is, and I am glad. It's bitterly cold onboard right now (currently 44F in my office, a bit warmer than earlier, but I am still a little chilly) and I could use to warm up a bit. My wife should have breakfast cooking and a fresh pot of coffee for me when I get home. She's good like that... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.