38gig new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook + 20" Display + 19" Display
Hi im quite new to mac and i reallly need to know somin!

when i first got my 60gig macbook it has only38 gig free space on it where has all this space gone!

thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
It's all from the basic installation. You can, if you want, open up your applications folder and remove applications you don't want. That might free up some space.

Reaction score
This is something you don't get told...the more advanced and improved an OS is when it's released the more room on your HD it takes up. So when Leopard is finally released it'll take up more room than it's predecessors.

OP
MiniMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook + 20" Display + 19" Display
thanks guys for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You can analyze the disk usage using Disk Inventory X (freeware). Once run it you can find out which folders have taken so much of your HDD space.

During the standard OS X installation, it installs foreign language support kits which takes up lot of space. If you stick with only specific language(s) you can remove the rest using Monoligual (freeware)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.