How to give my wife access to my Itunes library (same computer diff log in account)

Reaction score
My wife and I use the same laptop. I have a large Itunes library (too large to want to duplicate under a different log-in). I want to give her access to the music under her log-in and I cant figure out how to do it.

:headphone

OP
Y
Reaction score
Sharing Itunes library under different accounts.

My wife and I use the same laptop. I have a large Itunes library (too large to want to duplicate under a different log-in). I want to give her access to the music under her log-in and I cant figure out how to do it.

:headphone

Reaction score
hi i did exatly this and it does not work for me. in my own account its all fine,, but in any of the other accounts when i go to the right directory i cant see any musi in my itunes.....help?

Reaction score
I too am having a problem. I'm able to configure my Mac (and PC) to do sharing, by going to iTunes >preferences> sharing and checking the box that says "Share my library on my local network." Now what do I do? Once I've told machines to Look for share libraries and to share their libraries, does the music library automatically populate with the content that's on the other machine, or do I have to specifically tell iTunes to seek out that content?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.