ram upgrade on an mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
Ok, i have a few questions. I recently got a MBP 15" 2.16ghz c2d mac and it has 1x1gb sticks of ram. I was looking into upgrading to either 2gb or 3gb of ram. I researched it a bit and found it to be much cheaper to buy the ram not from apple but from sites such as newegg.com but i can match all the ram correctly except i need helping on type (or pin config really). I see mainly 200pin but there are others i was just wondering which it is so i can order the correct ram. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
200 pin is indeed what you need. Getting another 1Gig stick is you most economical and reasonable option. Having 3Gigs total is cool, but not worth the money. Most of it would probably end up sitting idle. Here's what I got off of Newegg and I'm loving it.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
thanks a bunch man :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.