Firefox & Quicktime problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I just DLed firefox yesterday and have been using it without a problem, until I visited a site that had a quicktime movie embedded in the web page. Where the movie should have been playing there was a blue box with the Quicktime Q in the middle and a question mark over the Q. This site played the movie under Safari.

I found the URL for the movie in the "view source" option and pasted it in the address field and the movie played without a problem when it was the only thing on the page. I checked to make sure I had the latest versions of Firefox & Quicktime, which I do. I've also searched to see if I'm missing a plug-in, and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know why Firefox wouldn't play the quicktime movie without me going through the hassel of looking for the movie's URL? I'm hoping I just over looked the plugin needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Core Duo, 15" 2Ghz, 2GB RAM
Try checking to see if there is anything 'un-useful' lurking in the Firefox 'Content' preferences (Firefox|Preferences...|Content|File Types|Manage...). Perhaps you need to (re)specify what F does with QT files?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.