Has anyone tried tunebite? to allow playing their Itunes purchases on other PMPs?

Reaction score
I own a lot of Itunes purchased videos but the ipod is basically a harddrive and not much of a video player with the tiny screen. I bought a device with a bigger screen but Itunes video purchases are DRM protected.
So I have 2 choices, stop buying stuff from Itunes or remove DRM so i can playback on other devices such as the Archos.

Someone recommended tunebite for removing DRM. Does anyone have experience with this

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
No, but just looking at it, it appears to be a Windows program.

Also, be advised that removing the DRM is technically a violation of the contract you signed when you opened your iTunes account, therefore it is illegal.

Reaction score
Violating contract agreements isn't prima facie illegal, it simply exposes you to various civil claims and, of course, gives the other contracting party authority to void the contract (at least under most circumstances).

However, removing the DRM in order to copy the file into another file format would also be violating the copyright of the original. You'd be making an unauthorized copy. Copyright violations are subject to both civil and criminal penalties. So removing the DRM isn't a criminal act, but making a copy of the original file in the new format could be.

OP
E
Reaction score
Well, Apple is going to lose my business. I am one of the rare few people who actually dont download stuff illegally. Apple is screwing their own paying legal customers. I wish I had known, I wouldnt have purchased stuff from them in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Caveat emptor...

Don't blame others for your lack of knowledge...

Reaction score
I hear you. I'm in the same boat. If I have to choose between iTunes music -- which I can't easily turn into MP3 disks to listen to on my car or home stereos -- or just buying CDs at the store (which I can easily rip) for a dollar or two more, I'm buying the CDs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.