Help with Quad G5 PowerMac Wireless

Reaction score
I did not opt for the wireless card when first purchasing my PowerMac, and now am in a situation where I need wireless access from it.

I've got both an Airport Express and Airport Extreme. The Extreme is set up downstairs where the cable modem is located. Can I use the Express to get the signal to my desktop upstairs? If not, what would I need to buy in order to get this to work?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need an Airport Extreme Card

OP
M
Reaction score
Aren't Airport Extreme Cards not available for PowerMac G5 Quads? From the Airport Extreme card page on the Apple store:

This AirPort Extreme Card is not compatible with the Mac Pro or the Power Mac G5 Dual and Power Mac G5 Quad computers introduced in October 2005. To add an AirPort Extreme card to one of these systems, please contact an Apple Retail Store or other Authorized Apple Service Provider.

So what are my alternatives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They must have come up with a new revision of the card. You will have to contact an Apple Store or Reseller

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.