Hide finder toolbar!!??

Reaction score
Hi yall, I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the finder toolbar disappear/hide like the dock can. The desktop would look so much smoother without the toolbar hanging out up there. Thanks!

Reaction score
For the record, that thing is called the Menu Bar, as it displays all menus for all Apps.

IMO, it's dysfunctional to make it disappear, because it always tells you which App is currently active, and gives you acces to it's functions. Also, the clock and other goodies can reside here, so it is very useful.

But hey, your eyecandy is up to you to decide...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Try MenuShade. Its freeware and works pretty well.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks yall I will take a look at those. Really I just want the menu bar to show and hide just like the dock. Can't wait thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I agree, aggiemac2009, I want as clean of a look as possible to maximize screen real estate and only want menus and items to show as I need them (part of the reason for my switch to mac. I haven't tried it yet, but I hear menushade is pretty good.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well I just tried menushade and it works great. The menubar is almost completely transparent when I am looking at the desktop. When any application is opened it returns to its normal color. Everyone try it out it works great I love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.