iMac starts up with Garageband up- why?

Reaction score
Hi. Whenever I shut my iMac down and start it up again, it starts up with the Garageband application on the screen. Why does it do this? I have not used Garageband yet, ever. How can I change things so that the iMac starts up with no applications, especially Garageband, running?

M

MacHeadCase

Look into your Startup Items. System Preferences ---> Accounts (in the System section) ---> Login Items tab. It might be listed there. Just click on GarageBand to highlight it in the list and click on the - (minus sign) to remove it from the list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
like 'MacHeadCase' said it is probably listed in the startup items.

Reaction score
If you right-click (ctrl+click) the Garage Band icon in your dock, is the "Open at Login" option checked? If so, you can just select it to un-check that option. This way you can disable it from the Dock without having to go into System Preferences.

M

MacHeadCase

That was a lazy man's trick, ToddG!
icon12.gif

Kiddin' ya!
icon14.gif

Reaction score
I bet most of the time people have an app that begins to start automatically on bootup, it's because they inadvertently clicked that option on the Dock to begin with. I know that's how I learned it was there. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.