• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nostalgia Time - My first mac [pictures!]

Reaction score
My dad shoveled out some old compact-flash card and lo! there were these pics on it. The best day of my life :p

Whipped together an iWeb photo page for it.

http://www.kamu.ch/myfirstmac

Thought I'd share it with you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Great photos.

Reaction score
Awesome, yogi!

I still remember our first Apple, the ][+ ... and turning in my 4th grade book report on Cortez printed on a dot matrix printer. Everyone else in class had written theirs by hand and the teacher accused me of having my Dad's secretary write it and print it out at work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I grew up in Taiwan, so we had a knock-off of the Apple II, which was called the Orange (literally! :)), it looked and worked identically.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My first computer was an Apple ][ plus. My first Mac was a Macintosh SE/30.

M

MacHeadCase

My first wasn't even an Apple Mac, it was a Mac clone. A PowerComputing PowerCenter 150 (desktop model) and it was a real workhorse. Kept it for 6 years! Oh my.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Awesome, yogi!

I still remember our first Apple, the ][+ ... and turning in my 4th grade book report on Cortez printed on a dot matrix printer. Everyone else in class had written theirs by hand and the teacher accused me of having my Dad's secretary write it and print it out at work.

I feel similar! Instead this time, the difference is that the othes have their reports typed in Word while I hand in a beautifully typesetted Pages document :).

I got it on 21st November 2005, my 18th Birthday. It actually arrived on that day. What luck.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Great pics Yogi. I remember when I got my 20" iMac G5. Great day for me also. Still use it every day and it still works perfectally. Thanks for the pics!

DB, yeah they really hated the 5200 also. I have one and it's not the fastest but it still works.

...Dennis

OP
Y
Reaction score
Yeah dtravis7, mine works like a charm too, touch wood :).

I still can't believe how I lived all these years without a mac! Like, jast last night, we had a new years party, and my dad had a compact-flash card which was full, and I had to empty it to his computer. For some reason, the PC stalled when importing photos at file nr. 112. I tried everything, just dragging the files off, usign pciasa, using windows import tool. It just crashed to the point that I needed to quit the Explorer and wait till my desktop came back to life.

I said enuff is enuff and went to my mac and just imported it with image capture, burnt a disc and threw it in his face saying "happy new year". No glitches. 0.

Reaction score
lucky for you, i got my first mac,which is the MBP this year and i am 20 now~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.