Ventilation And Crash

Reaction score
Hi to everybody and happy new year;
My last problem in 2006 :)

I have a dual processor G5 desktop and everything ran smooth untill it started to crash ( couldnt do anything - reset button ) and the ventilation started to blow like a jet whenever it felt like;

So I went to a Mac shop and they told me that the crashing is the fault of the memory, ....BUT they don´t know what is the cause of the ventilation problem. They told me to buy a new motherboard!!!! but some people around me told that this is a small possibility...

Anybody knows what could be the problem?:headphone
Thanx a lot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
Is there a firmware update for your G5? I would try that first.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanx

Ok I'll try it, this afternoon I get my Mac back, I'll order the new memory
and once installed I'll try the firmware update! I didn't know it existed!

I'll post a commend with the result.

Thanx a lot ! :mail:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
try the firmware update before you get new ram. be much cheaper ! if you dont need the memory

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanx :)

Ok guys I think you were right,
I was sadly to late to install the firmware update at time and bought
new memory. The good news is that updating everything my ventilators are behaving themselves, no jets in my room in 5 hours!

And imagine the tecnicians said it was probably the chip on the motherboard that gave a default and therefore I had to change the whole thing, I said friendly no and took my G5 with me, installed everything and just saved 780 euros - 1000 dollars!

So I can only say one thing, Thanx guys!!!!

Happy 2007 and really cool you replied.

M

MacHeadCase

I remember having read that some Power Mac G5 models had a problem with those 9 fans of theirs and that a firmware update fixed this. Crazy, ain't it? Kinda like banking long-distance...
icon10.gif

Glad that firmware update fixed your problem, luxoa.com!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.