AOL DSL and Mac

D

drakester

well bascially the aol doesnt support hight speed access such as dsl, so i have to log in using mac ppoe which works fine except i dont get the speed im used to.. i read some forums and it tells me to change my mtu to 1400 by adding some line to the network file in terminal.. i have no idea how to do this lol.. could u guys help me out and tell me how to add this line or whatever in order to change my mtu to 1400.. thanks

OP
D

drakester

drakester said:
well bascially the aol doesnt support hight speed access such as dsl, so i have to log in using mac ppoe which works fine except i dont get the speed im used to.. i read some forums and it tells me to change my mtu to 1400 by adding some line to the network file in terminal.. i have no idea how to do this lol.. could u guys help me out and tell me how to add this line or whatever in order to change my mtu to 1400.. thanks

yup u guys have been a big help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.