• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Tattoos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
cool tats SunsetRoadzter!

Reaction score
I don't think I would ever get a tattoo because I would probably get bored with it after a while. Also there is something about having a permenant thing on my body for the rest of my life that bothers me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I don't think I would ever get a tattoo because I would probably get bored with it after a while. Also there is something about having a permenant thing on my body for the rest of my life that bothers me.

Tattoos arent for everybody, thats some of the best advice I can give. If you dont think you want it dont get it, because ive found out that you just cant stop at one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
My wife just got her 10th tattoo last night. I'm on my 4th and planning on catching up pretty soon. Planning on sleeving out a leg or an arm. On my fire dept they don't mind the tattoos as long as it's nothing vulgar or offensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tattoos arent for everybody, thats some of the best advice I can give. If you dont think you want it dont get it, because ive found out that you just cant stop at one.

that is a great point.. they are addictive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My wife just got her 10th tattoo last night. I'm on my 4th and planning on catching up pretty soon. Planning on sleeving out a leg or an arm. On my fire dept they don't mind the tattoos as long as it's nothing vulgar or offensive.

you should post some pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Well I guess if we're posting pictures ill put a few of mine up:

I got this one in September and it's healed now, I dont have any pictures of it healed but once I do ill post it. Its about 9" tall and about 6" wide.
477367535_5a55490f84_o.jpg

Got this one a few years ago on my 21st birthday, hence the 21. This is about 7" x 7"
477367527_4d82f05683_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some of mine and my wifes. My alligator isn't done yet going back in a week or so to complete it.
IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

closeup.jpg
This is the front that wraps around.
IMG_0620.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
KoDorSean, is there a criteria when it comes to tattoo parlours? Surely you don't just go to the first one like there must be a certain standard you need to have met ... this is for when I eventually get my own tat.

Oh man, You DON'T want to be stuck with a bad tattoo that is for sure. Ask people in your area that you see have tattoos, if you're impressed by the art. A tattooer is only going to put his best work in his portfolio (which is a MUST to see) not his wavy lines and wack shading. Also, most of the time a tattooer has a specific style, like this guy does japanese this guy does traditional, this guy is best for portraits. If theres a guy that doesnt have a specific style and his portfolio is full of random flowers and then a portrait and then 5 cover up's and some flash dragons and tigers, usually not a good person to go with. Don't do it on a walk in basis either. Usually the guy who handles walk ins- not so great.

But keep in mind your going to pay top-dollar for a good tattoo. I could tell you who to go to here in seattle, but... :(

as far as cleanliness goes- that is something that is hard to judge by the look of the shop, just make sure they have up to date bloodborne license and use greensoap... its pretty unlikley a tattoo shop would still be open if they were giving people diseases, im guesssing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I guess if we're posting pictures ill put a few of mine up:

that first skull is really awesome.. i would be interested in seeing pictures of it healed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Some of mine and my wifes. My alligator isn't done yet going back in a week or so to complete it.

very nice work.. how much money do the both of you have into body art if I may ask?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have about 800 into mine my wife's probably 1600 or so. Shes goin back to do some more work on her side in a few weeks when it all heals another 400 dollar session. I plan to spend quite a bit more in the near future. They are very addicting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Fyrman, I was wondering how the alligator was going, make sure you post a pic once it's done ok?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finishing up recruit training for the fire dept so when I finish the alligator will get finished. Most likely closer to 2 weeks. We are outside 5 days a week all day in our bunker gear sweating and to get it finished now, it would never heal right. But When it gets done i'll post the pics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright, so its three weeks later and here is the new picture of our tattoos mostly done healing..

p5080003sh9.jpg

here is a shot of my tattoo on my upper right arm.

p5080011ut8.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not my personal taste, but I can appreciate the artistry and the workmanship appears to be top notch. What does the flying skull symbolize for you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it represents a lot of things for both my wife and I. It came down to my wife wanted a skull, she's always been in to the darker side of life and the gothic industrial scene and I wanted something with flames. We also wanted to get matching tattoos to symbolize the fact we're connected: mind, heart and soul. Together, we came to the compromise of a skull with flames and our tattoo artist was able to come up with something we both fell in love with. we also compromised on if it was colored or not; I wanted color and she didn't. After we saw the design and talked to the artist, I decided black and grey would look the best. So it symbolizes our unity and our ability to compromise and the devotion we have to each other. It's something that will last forever, just like our love for one another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I really wasn't a fan of tattoos until recently.
Here's mine; it's on the right wrist....

Photo_0002.jpg

Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nice work bry. what made you get it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.