• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

import dvd program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
is there a program that lets your import your dvd onto your computer ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
where can i download this program, or do i have to buy it?

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that takes up alot of memory. is there a way where i can import it in mp4 format for my ipod or something

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just recently bought 'The Pursuit of Happyness' and I want to import it onto my iPod. My problem is, it won't import. I tried a series of programs including Media fork, Visual hub, and Hand break. Is there any way where I can bypass the copy protection ?

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, i tried iSquint, and it still did'nt work. It says "Some error occured, .....the file may be truncated/ or corrupted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G5 Dul 2GHz Power PC,Running Mac OS 10.3.9
Cinematize 2

You have to rip the DVD onto your computer with Mac TheRipper to get rid of the encryption. I don't know of any other way of doing that other than ripping the thing from the disk. Once you have done that and you have your Video TS folder you can use Cinematize to extract the movie from the DVD format. Is not a free software, but if this is something that you would like to keep doing is worth the money. With it you can extract the movie as a Quicktime file that then with iSquint you can turn into an MP4.

This is what I do and it works for me.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just tried Mac TheRipper, and it says "Can't read DVD file structure." what does that mean ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have found that there are some DVDs, I just can't rip. If you get hold of an beta copy of MTR 3 R14d, you can try that. You can also copy it with MTR 2.6.6 and try using DVD2OneX to remove any so called "Zero-Cells", but that may or may not work.
Other than that, you may just be stuck.

I'm not sure what your talking about when you mean "Zero-Cells" where can I find them ?
And when i try to run DVD2oneX2, the application quits unexpectedly" how can I provent that from happening ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I'm not going to go into more details here, it's a violation of forum policy to have even gone as far as I have.

Google is your friend.

OP
Nagger Pumper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well thanks for all the help. and just out of curiosity how is it against the form policy ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well thanks for all the help. and just out of curiosity how is it against the form policy ?

Have you read the rules?

Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.