cant boot os 9

Reaction score
i just got a g4 cube, and it has yellow dog linux on it, and i want to put mac os back on it and get rid of linux, but i put in the os 9 disk and press c and it says loading disc but then a it restarts again then it will restart about 2 or 3 times doing the same thing, then on the third time it gives me a error message, is thier and program or some utility that i can burn to a disk then use it to partion the drive or something?

thanks ahead of time, alex

Reaction score
Are you holding down the C key during start up. The whole time until your see the mac logo. Then you will have to reformat the drive with drive setup.

OP
A
Reaction score
holding dont the c key wont do anything, the only thing that i can do to get it to even try to read the disc is to when it says yellow dog linux boot strap i press c, then it says booting cdrom, then the cdrom spins up but nothing happens then i eventually get a cache error thing

Reaction score
Once the YDL comes up it to late. Restart with the Mac boot dics in the drive,Hold down the OPTION key at the chime until you see a
display listing of startup dics on the screen. Click the CD icon,then the right arrow and boot from the CD. If that does not work be looking for a new hard drive.

OP
A
Reaction score
it works when i push the option key, but the only thing that pops up is a little hard drive with the little linux bird no bootable cd

Reaction score
Do you know how to open a Cube? Pull out that hard drive and put in a new clean one,start over with the Option key method. Theres a Cube forum that
can help you to open one if you need it. Sorry Im stumped!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.