Lacie 2d ext hdd question

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a 500gb d2 drive off someone on a forum. Hes from the states, im from the UK, will i be able to get a different lead, so i can have a UK plug on the end, to save me carrying round a plug adaptor? Will i need a whole new PSU or what? Any links/help appreciated. Thanks.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
should just be an adapter. as long as you can get an adapter that can convert to 3.5V DC or whatever it says on the back or on the original transformer, you should be cool.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks again eric. 1 more q, i been browsing round, and am i gonna need a new psu and a cable from psu to wall. Or will the USA psu be useable, and all i need is cable from wall to PSU? Thanks :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i'm guessing all you will need is from the adapter on the back of the unit to the plug on the wall. you can take any voltage/amperage a/c and transform it to any d/c (within reason). just like if you were to take a trip to here or somewhere in europe that has different voltage/prongs and just use an adapter to power your stuff. should be the same principle.

i bet if you've got an electronics shop nearby you could get the specs from lacie and find the proper adapter with no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.