HDD upgrade

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
I love my MBP, and want speed. I am considerig getting the HDD upgraded to a 100GB 7200rpm, this will obously give the macbook a kick up the **** and will fly.

I am not considering doing this myself, my question is, will the apple store do this for me??? I mean they are shipping the systems with these drives now. Do you think they will upgrade this way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
any and all apple stores ive been to have said they WONT do an HD upgrade for me on my current mbp c2d 15"

so good luck with finding a store thatll do it, i think youll be SOL in that dept.

you can do it yourself, btu be careful, a slip up could cost you your warranty (something im not prepared to part with , which is why i stll have a 120gb5400)

Reaction score
I would also like to get the 7200rmp drive, I can tell that is what is slowing down my mbp c2d.

Reaction score
I hear you guys, I want to upgrade my hard drive too just to get some more space. But I'm worried about it voiding my warranty. I've installed hard drives on all my past laptops, but they were all PCs. Does anyone know what the highest capacity hard drive the MBP 1st gen (2.0ghz) can take? because I saw a 200gb for $189 in Akihabara.

OP
???

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
It will take as big as you can find as long as it is 2.5 inch.

You live in Japan? Where abouts? I am in Saitama near kita senju. I am going to akihabara today to find a better drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I love my MBP, and want speed. I am considerig getting the HDD upgraded to a 100GB 7200rpm, this will obously give the macbook a kick up the **** and will fly.

I am not considering doing this myself, my question is, will the apple store do this for me??? I mean they are shipping the systems with these drives now. Do you think they will upgrade this way?

an apple store will NOT do a hdd upgrade.. You can have it done by a computer store im sure but make sure they have apple certified techs.. if they are not apple certified techs you will run into warranty issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.