OMG Best browser Ever

Reaction score
Ok I am a new mac user but i am bery familiar with Firefox which i use all the time. my complaints of firefox have been that web videos are always choppy, load up time for browser is slow and page load times are slow imho. I just stmbled onto this new browser and you need to really try it. load time is very fast, web videos on cnn.com etc all play fluid and fast, page load times are insanely fast compared to others ive tried and the thing is like 2 megs in size. Let me know what you guys think

http://www.sunrisebrowser.com/en/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
ellandry your right works great :) might be to early to make a final judgement but so far so good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Interesting find. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Interesting.

But, no tabs? No toolbar? Am I missing something?

Seems to work pretty well otherwise. Seems really fast too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Or just use Safari :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Can it import Firefox or Safari bookmarks?

Reaction score
Thanks - I pretty much stick with Safari (using Opera at sites that Safari has problems with), but it doesn't hurt to check out something new.

Reaction score
Wow - nice browser! It automatically imported my Safari bookmarks and cookies over. It is very fast. Will try this out for the next few days. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Wow. This browser is pretty quick, but unfortunately isn't tabbed. I do like the simplicity of it, though, and that it is only taking 55MB of RAM instead of 70+ that Safari takes, or the 90+ that FireFox uses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
safari is far better than firefox. i havnt tried the browser ur suggesting yet.

Reaction score
It's slick, and fast and has some interesting approaches.... it needs to be more developed though, right now it feels like I'm using some cheap linux app...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro
Looks awesome, but when I was on windows I customized firefox so much that I could not leave it behind when I switched, and so I still use firefox now :)

Reaction score
To whomever who thinks I'm a linux hater: I'm not :) Actually I like it. What I say is that as Mac users we are sing the prime Unix system, and Linux might be great but Mac is premium :-D . I'm just referring to the state that a large part of linux apps are in 0.xx development stages but still widely used. Nothing against the system. Just the feel. I like it a little luxurious, a bit exclusive. so i bought a mac.

Reaction score
It's slick, and fast and has some interesting approaches.... it needs to be more developed though, right now it feels like I'm using some cheap linux app...

As an ex-Linux user I agree completely and know what you mean, therefore no offense taken. I am going to watch this closely and see how it develops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Yeah, If it had tabs I might be a little more interested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I'm posting from Sunrise right now. It's ... a bit odd. I agree that it feels a bit like a pre-release program, but on the other hand, it is! The only things that bother me so far are the lack of tabs, the rather cluttered and unlabeled icons on the toolbar, and the odd choice of a tiny, tiny window titlebar. It's like a gigantic properties panel!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I don't like that it doesn't display my bank website properly (www.usbank.com) when I'm logged in, and it doesn't support slideshow galleries created in iWeb. However, for basic use such as forum browsing, it is a decent browser. I'm impressed with it's small memory footprint compared to Safari, or even worse - FireFox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I too have downloaded and tried out Sunrise. Small and very fast. This is a promising beginning. It sort of reminds me of the Seashore image editor. This is a program I will keep my eyes on - it has LOTS of potential, not yet realized.

As someone mentioned, Sunrise did auto import my Safari bookmarks, and created a menu bar item for them. Does anyone know how to make that menu bar item go away? I love its visual bookmark idea and would like to do my bookmarks that way. I can't find any option to turn off the Bookmark(Safari) Menu bar item. Has anyone found out how to do this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.