OMG Best browser Ever

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make that menu bar item go away? I love its visual bookmark idea and would like to do my bookmarks that way. I can't find any option to turn off the Bookmark(Safari) Menu bar item. Has anyone found out how to do this?

Was going to ask how to use the visual bookmarks (love that idea) but found out by accident. I cannot figure out how to turn off the Bookmark(Safari) Menu item either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
For a small and fast browser, I like Camino. Tabbed browsing and everything...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have sent a feedback email to the author of Sunrise (link is on the site) asking about how to turn off the Bookmarks(Safari) menu item. If he responds, I will post the result here. Fingers crossed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just heard back from the author of Sunrise. He says that he is building version 1.0.0 right now and that it will be available shortly. The major new content is tabbed browsing, so this is excellent. He mentions "other features" but doesn't say what they are.

He did not answer my question re turning off the "Bookmarks(Safari)" menu item unfortunately, but I thought that everyone might like to know about the upcoming support for tabbed browsing.

Reaction score
I just heard back from the author of Sunrise. He says that he is building version 1.0.0 right now and that it will be available shortly. The major new content is tabbed browsing, so this is excellent. He mentions "other features" but doesn't say what they are.

He did not answer my question re turning off the "Bookmarks(Safari)" menu item unfortunately, but I thought that everyone might like to know about the upcoming support for tabbed browsing.
Cool. Thanks for contacting him and giving us an update. This browser has some potential! (REP!!!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
Awesome

I really love this browser! Thank you for posting this! This thing is even faster than omniweb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have to say, its much faster then safari and really allows me to take full advantage of my fios, but it lacks alot of features that I like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For now, I feel that Sunrise is not as good as say BonEcho (the optimized version of Firefox 2.0.01) or Camino, but it is definitely the fastest of the bunch. I keep a shortcut to it on my desktop and try it every day or so to see if the author has released v1.0 with tabs. When he does, I will report back to this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
I have to say, its much faster then safari and really allows me to take full advantage of my fios, but it lacks alot of features that I like.

Do you accept roommate offers? LOL I want FIOS so bad. Please share you experiences with it.

Reaction score
I wonder when it will be updated to add some of the obvious features it's lacking? I'd like to take it for another test drive but right now there really is no use doing that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Keep checking. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I emailed back and forth with the author a few times. He says that tabbed browsing is already done, and is being tested out as part of the 1.0 release, which he plans to make available soon.

Since Sunrise is so compellingly fast, I keep it's icon on my desktop and keep checking every now and then. Sooner or later, 1.0 will be released, and it will then be quite a treat to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.