Connecting Mac to PC network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Ok so my house runs on a wireless network with 3Com Office Connect ADSL Wireless Firewall Modem Router where all the PCs connect wirelessly using a network key all of which i setup but i know nothing about macs i dont know whats the best way for me to connect my mac up to the router to be able to connect to the network and the internet

Im guessing the 3Com Router wont support airport and wont allow me to connect to the network that way, or am i wrong? Or do i need an aiport compatatble access point connected to the router which i can then connect through?

Failing that there is always the wired option, do the mac pros come with a RJ45 network connection like PCs do to connect with ethernet cables? If i was to connect with a wire how do i go about setting up the connection as with a PC i would plug and go and the router will do the rest for me and im hoping this is the case for my Mac but i doubt it is

Thanks in advance

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
All Apple wireless connectivity conforms to the same standards as those on PCs. In other words, you do not need to purchase Apple-specific hardware to connect your Mac Pro to your PC network: it will connect to your existing 3Com equipment just fine.

All Apple computers also come with a standard RJ45 jack for connecting to standard 10/100/1000 ethernet networks as well.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.