Macally Icekey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Ok so i just recieved my Macally Icekey And i noticed that there is f13 - f15 and also the keyboard came with an installation CD. Now does anyone know if the F13 - F15 keys are programmable? Cause when i install the software that came in the CD, i dont see a software in my application folder or in my system prefrences.

Oh and the keyboard is being connected to a 13" Macbook

M

MacHeadCase

This post might not help all that much but, here goes...

I used a Macally IceKey on my old iMac G4 and I loved the feel of it. To this day it is the best keyboard I ever used. But at the time I was running PAnther (Mac OS X 10.3.x) and I remember that if you didn't install the driver, some of the keys would not be recognized by the system. I haven't tried it in Tiger, I left it as the only keyboard for the old iGloo and at the moment I can't recall if I saw under Panther a pref pane for the Macally.

Under Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4.x) the only thing I can see that would help you configure the F13 - F15 keys would be in the System Preferences ---> Keyboard & Mouse (in the Hardware section) ---> Keyboard Shortcuts tab. This webpage, for instance lists all the built-in keyboard shortcuts.

That's a freebie solution but I would be hard pressed to suggesting to start changing all those built-in shortcuts. Maybe you'd need a third-party program that would help make this as painless as possible for you. I found this, fKeys, but it's only for PowerPC-based Macs, not compatible for Intel-based Macs. Unless it would run under Rosetta? But that could make the whole thing slow.

Anyway, I guess you could try it or google till you do find a viable solution to your problem.

Hope this helps a little. :girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.