closed screen - space

J

jp_tix

hi,

i just got a 15'' powerbook yesterday. the machine is great, but one
thing worries me.

when i close the screen, there's a small gap between
the machine and the screen on both sides of the latch.
i can push it slightly up and down when i place my finger on top of the machine. it feels just a little too loose...

is this normal?

not a big deal, but i would like to have it in perfect condition.

best,

jp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
My iBook is exactly the same way - nothing to worry about. I don't transport mine much, but if you intend to, I would highly suggest a screen protector, since there have been a number of people who've reported scratched LCD's from keyboard/screen contact. The screen protector is good, cheap insurance against any damage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
jp_tix said:
when i close the screen, there's a small gap between
the machine and the screen on both sides of the latch.

My PB is exactly the same, worried me at first until I checked around and saw that it wasn't just mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have not heard of any problems resulting from the gap and all the laptops have them

OP
S

SM2k

Hi All. (My first post)

Yea. I heard that apple did this on purpose so that the oil from your fingers that go onto the keyboard don't transfer onto the screen.

OP
M

macdaddy

`1i had the same promblem,i have the mac care thing so i just sent ti back and they fixed it for me

OP
C

Cloudane

Nothing to worry about, but the reason why I suggest keeping the little polystierene (sp?) divider that comes shipped between the display and the keyboard. Just helps take special care of your loved one that little bit more :)

OP
V

ViewSonic

at least your spacing is on both the right and left sides. All of the spacing between on mine is on the right side, with the left side completely flush, so it's unbalanced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.