A USB / Firewire gripe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
Wouldn't it be great for there to be just one more port of each on the MBP? I'm looking at a rats nest of cords (though with some organization and tape, it'll work out) behind a USB/Firewire hub I just bought (and already filled the USB spots). Sighs. Too many gadgets, too few open slots.

Here's the inventory:
2 USB external drives
1 USB mouse
1 USB iPod
1 USB PSP
1 Firewire camcorder
1 Firewire external drive

I just want one more USB on my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
yea i am a little dissappointed in only 2 onboard usb ports.

but i just bought a usb hub cheap off newegg to accompany my needs. thats really all you need too. and seeing as how i doubt you use all that stuff when your mobile, it would suit your needs.

OP
xtophercaa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I know...I got a hub too. It's just...it's just...I mean...just one more port would be so much better. LOL When I'm mobile, I often do want my iPod and my PSP connected at the same time. And a mouse. Grrr.

= )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
came up with a little odd issue today.

the FW on my old macbook seems to transfer files quicker than the firewire on my pro, both 400.

i wonder if the 120gb hd is just slower. to me, it actually feels like it. the mb has a 60gb5400 in it.

anyways back on topic. i really only use my right usb for usb keys and such.
my left one, until today has been hooked into my hub (printer, ipod, ext key/mouse) i am thinking about buying a bt mouse today, so ill be eliminating the need for the hub most the time. i rarely use the external keyboard anyways. the hub i have works great for the 15$ it was. it has an ac cable, but i dont use it. the hub actually gave me a BOATLOAD of problems in xp. a nd it matches my new mbp perfect!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.