Network Printer connected wifi to mini keeps printing unix codes

Reaction score
I have tried printer repair and went thru all the categories. It still doesnot work.

My PC Win XP is connected to the Epson printer 825 via USB and my Mac mini is connected to one monitor where I can switch back and forth. I have no problem file sharing but when it comes to the printer, I have always had problems.

This is the first time, it actually prints thru my Mini but it is not printing what I instructed to but rather words or codes like //closepathcurrent, //imagebandmask, etc

Any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Do you have the correct driver selected? If so, completely delete your printer on the Mac, repair your disk permissions and then reinstall the printer making sure, of course, the correct driver is selected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
It sounds like it's printing the postscript that tells the driver how to draw the page, rather than converting it to the right format for the printer. Presumably you are printing over a shared Windows printer. Check to make sure you are using the correct driver, and not the 'generic postscript driver' that is the default when printing remotely.

OP
C
Reaction score
Tried it , still having problems. I reinstalled the drivers but the disc that came w/ the printer says is for classic Mac not tiger and when i downloaded the drivers from the website, it said my machine Mini did not meet the minimum requirements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.