What kind of Memory?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an Imac G3 333 MHZ 9.2Os
What kind of memory do I buy to upgrade it ?
I was told SD Ram but when I go to the store to purchase they tell me I am wasting my time ??? is this true

Can I buy any SD Ram?:(

Thanks

Angelle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hi

The G3 iMac takes any PC133 SDRAM, with a max of 512Mb in each of the two slots.

I suspect the people at the store were being unkind and meant you might be wasting your time upgrading such an old machine. Sorry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I was told SD Ram but when I go to the store to purchase they tell me I am wasting my time ???
Obviously, the store personnel are idiots.
Upgrading the RAM is probably the single best thing you could do to an older G3 iMac. It certainly is not a waste of time.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks guys
I know it would work ! I have it at work unless Im really stupid and Im seeing things. :)

Happy holidays!

OP
A
Reaction score
hey
i openened my computer this morning and it seems there only one slot for extra ram and theres already 128 mb i would like to upgrade my mac so i can run 10.3 will that do or should i get 512 mb? or is there another place to put memory !!! Im such a newbie

Angelle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.