New Mac convert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 15.4", lovin it
I'm a recent switcher and I just had to post how great the Macbook is (I appreciate you guys know it already). Mine's the 2Ghz white variant.

I finally got fed up with the numerous Blue Screen Of Deaths that kept appearing when video editing with XP and wasting evenings, after work, removing viruses from friends PCs.

But this machine.....cool. Bought a wireless router for home. I thought I'd be clever and set it up on the girlfriend's Windows XP laptop. Failed, big time. So out came the Mac and the wireless network was configured, running and secure in 10 minutes!

The guy who said "if you can't configure something with a Mac then you shoudn't own a computer" was so right.

I'm just kicking myself that I didn't buy a Mac years ago. I think the girlfriend may have seen the light as well!

Cheers, Dom

Reaction score
Which guy said that :) ? The only time I've had trouble configuring stuff on a mac is when it comes to communicating with a windows box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know how you feel. I've been using my Macbook for the past couple of weeks without a single problem. Then I have to look at Windows laptops with all the spyware a typical female teenager sticks on there and get annoyed by how slow it is (not to mention the fact I have to clean up the mess...)

Macs really are designed for simplicity. My sister thinks they're hard to use (which is interesting, since she has yet to use one), but I keep telling her that they had idiots in mind when they made it, lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.