How do I fix iTunes Win32 error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook w/ 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo 512MB memory & SuperDrive
My sister-in-law is visiting for vacation and she got a 30gb iPod for Christmas. When she went to install iTunes on her computer she got a Win32 error. :radioacti

Does anyone know how to fix this so that she will be able to get iTunes installed and her iPod to communicate with her computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Um, I haven't used PC's in awhile, but I believe that a win32 error has something to do with the registry of the system. Usually, those are really
difficult to fix.

This doesn't have anything to do with itunes. The problem lies within Windows XP screwing up.

Um, if all else fails, either get someone who really knows what their doing to look at it, or reformat and install the operating system again.

Reaction score
So your Sis-In-Law was able to download iTunes and when she double-clicked on the installer she received the Win32 error?

Or does she see this error message on startup?

All I can think of is to ensure she has the Windows version of iTunes and if so just try to reinstall it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook w/ 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo 512MB memory & SuperDrive
Sorry it has taken me so long to address your questions. What I have since found out is that apparently there were so many people trying to access iTunes on Christmas day that it overloaded the system and she along with many other first time users had problems. She has since returned to her home and everything works just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.