Airport is rubbish!

Reaction score
No matter what i do it just will not work properly. Almost eveytime its an error and cann't connect. My other laptop (windows) has no problem.

The odd time it does connect it goes off after a few hours use when all your doing is downloading/browsing the net.

Don't get me wrong i love my new macbook but it is no use if i cannot connect to the internet. I am using a belkin wirelss g router by the way

Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
umm idk lots of people are having trouble with not airport routers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
My Macbook is better than any other laptop I've come across in terms of range and signal strength, and I've never once connected to a proper Airport router.

(I work for a very large company and evaluate all their desktops and laptops, so I've tested a lot of laptops!).

I can't fault the Macbook for wifi.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
I can't fault the Macbook for wifi.

Seconded! Picks up a stronger signal than my PC laptop, and downloads at a faster rate than my PC laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
i have no trouble with mine either but im using an apple router (air port express)

OP
T
Reaction score
i have no trouble with mine either but im using an apple router (air port express)

Is this the thing you mean?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AirPort-Expre...oryZ4601QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD9VQQcmdZViewItem

Also my phone line is next to my desktop windows pc so is it prossible with one of these to plug it into my desktop, as it doesnt have a wireless card. Then use my laptop and macbook through wireless?

People having no problems with 3rd party routers could you please state your make and model. Thank you

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
People having no problems with 3rd party routers could you please state your make and model. Thank you

Linksys WAG54G

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
do you have a wireless phone anywhere near your macbook or your access point?

if so, move it and see if things improve.

like mr joshua and del, i've had no problems at all.

linksys wrt54g (i think - i'm at work).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Newb to Mac here, only had my MacBook for a week today, but no problems related to connection at all.

Connecting wirelessly to a "Linksys a+g wireless router" (bought for Xbox 360 use, still current model available in almost all electronics stores and can be had for about $50, think it is the WRT54G), speed test shows 3018 Kbps on my Macbook at around 90 feet from router vs about 4200 Kbps I get on my wired PC. Have already downloaded a bunch of stuff and they are all coming through at speeds equal to the wired connections. Most servers out there top out around 800 Kb.

Don't know if you have made other posts related to your issue. While new here, am a long time forum user, and networking can be one of the most difficult things to troubleshoot. While networking is not one of my strong points, others will have better success helping if you tell them what you have done to try to resolve the issue already and the specific error messages you are receiving.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
Original Netgear DG834G at home
New Netgear DG834 with Rangemax at my Girlfriend's
Cisco at work
Linksys at my mate's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
belkin

belkin only works sporadically in my experience

after months and months of bad connections i ditched

it, for airport express which works seemlessly:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
For some reason, some WEP keys can cause connection issues. Try WPA if possible.

As for Wifi range, my MBP rocks!

OP
T
Reaction score
I accualy have my wireless phone stationed on top of my router :D

Anyway i have changed the router output channel from 11 to something like 10 or 9. This seems to have done the trick. I have been connected all day without a problem, although i have thought this before

Thanks guys, will bump this thread if it goes wrong again

OP
T
Reaction score
Well it didnt fix it for long, it is seriously annoying and i'm thinking of returning it and buying a sony or something else.

I love it except the thing keeps saying error connecting to the wireless network! I thought once i got connected once that would be the end of it but no

OP
T
Reaction score
Also my phone line is next to my desktop windows pc so is it prossible with one of these to plug it into my desktop, as it doesnt have a wireless card. Then use my laptop and macbook through wireless?

Also does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.