Installing Classic to Tiger

Reaction score
I have Mac Os Tiger installed and I need to also install Classic 9.2 for some older software that I have. I thought the correct way t do this was to restart the computer with the Classic disc inside the computer holding down the "C" key. I tried this but it just keeps starting in OS Tiger. Any suggestions?

thanks

Reaction score
I never heard of an intel mac, so I guess the answer is no.
You should google it, there are some neat features in them...(!)

There are entire series of Macs that will not boot in System 9. Nothing you do can make them start up in 9 but that doesn't matter. You can install 9.2.2 on a non-intel Mac and run System 9 programs. I have many clients who use Quark 5 on G4 and G5 Macs. They boot in OS 10.4 and run Quark in System 9.

Just run the Installer on the System 9 install disk!

OP
M
Reaction score
thank you. I actually figured it out becaseu the computer would not et me install off the OS9 disc. I basically dragged the system 9 folder into the HD from my ipod where it was backed up and it worked, go figure.

You should google it, there are some neat features in them...(!)

There are entire series of Macs that will not boot in System 9. Nothing you do can make them start up in 9 but that doesn't matter. You can install 9.2.2 on a non-intel Mac and run System 9 programs. I have many clients who use Quark 5 on G4 and G5 Macs. They boot in OS 10.4 and run Quark in System 9.

Just run the Installer on the System 9 install disk!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.