.mac corrupts Mail preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I am still in the trial period for .mac. I noticed in the beginning that when I sync Mail with the application running, the preferences got corrupted somehow. I got an error message that Mail had quit unexpectedly and when I restart, I get the spinning beach ball forever and have to Force Quit since it is not responding.

The only way to get back on track seems to be to move the plist-file from the preferences folder, restart Mail and the resync from my other Mac, using Reset Sync Data.

Today it also happened with Mail not running when syncing. Anyone know why this is and what I can do about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
delete the plist file and clear you caches.

OP
rogerinlondon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, thanks but that does not seem to prevent it from happening again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you contacted .Mac support via e-mail? There's a contact form on the .Mac site.

M

MacHeadCase

This isn't a very helpful post I know but I have a.Mac account and everything is fine. This has never happened to me.

OP
rogerinlondon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you contacted .Mac support via e-mail? There's a contact form on the .Mac site.

I did actually call them the first time it happened and got some call center on the line. She told me (by reading from a checklist) how to restore the Mail by deleting the plist-file but did not mention anything about this being a general problem and I thought it was a one-off. Will however try the form as you suggest, thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.