Exe Files To Work On My Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.1, Mac OS X, Ver. 10.6.7, Processor 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, Memory 2GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I know macs dont typically run .exe files but I want to run pokerstars so how can I do it completely free and with out a dual boot sequence. I want to run this program like any other I would run on my mac.

Plus I need MS Office(or a suite along those line) need a word processor and a spreadsheet program

any suggestions would be great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
I know macs dont typically run .exe files but I want to run pokerstars so how can I do it completely free and with out a dual boot sequence. I want to run this program like any other I would run on my mac.

Plus I need MS Office(or a suite along those line) need a word processor and a spreadsheet program

any suggestions would be great

I dont really think its possible without dual booting or running VPC on the powerPC computers. You could check out Full Tilt Poker, they have a mac version available. As for MS Office, there is a macintosh version available so you will not have to use an .exe file to install it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It won't run "like any other" application on your Mac as .exe's aren't Mac applications.
You will need to install Windows, either using Parallels or via BootCamp.
Since you don't want to dual boot, purchasing Parallels is your best option if you have an Intel Mac. If you have a PPC Mac, then you will need to purchase Virtual PC. Either choice will still require you to purchase Windows as well.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.1, Mac OS X, Ver. 10.6.7, Processor 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, Memory 2GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
so what your telling me is that there si no free way to do this.

Full tilt pker cant work all my friends are on pokerstars

how do i know if this is intel or not?

never mind about the intel thing I think it is because I wrote it under mac specs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Parallels costs about $80.00 while Bootcamp is free. Either requires a license for WinXP.

As for Office, PLEASE use the search function. This has been discussed many times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
if im wrong please correct me but can you buy parralles and virtural pc with windows xp already included. i know it costs alot more but i think u can do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't believe you can buy Parallels directly from them with Windows, it may be an option for new Macs from some 3rd party dealers. I know you can with Virtual PC (since MS owns it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
There are free ways to do it but caveats exist. Bootcamp requires dual boot, Qemu is full processor simulation so it's really slow, and Darwine (which is your best bet for running Windows apps like mac apps) is very much development level software so is unstable and not necessarily reliable.

The new Parallels desktop allows you to have Mac and Windows applications running side by side, but you need a full Windows installation to do it. It's more like running native than having to switch to a full windows desktop, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
You can try http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Works for most of the apps I try to run. Actually loaded poweriso today and converted a .daa (windows only) to a .iso so I could mount and install. Worked like a charm and took about 20 minutes to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just get parallels. It works really well for what you want to use it for and some things in life just have to be paid for. Get over it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.