Firefox new page

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been answered before...it probably has as it must be so easy to fix, but I could not find a solution with "search".

I'm using firefox and when I click on "new window" (or when I press "command + n" it opens up a new page to the homepage. I would like to change it so that it opens up as a new window identical to what I would have already.

It had an option for this in the Safari preferences but I can't seem to do it with Firefox.

Please help!

Thanks for reading,

Jamie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
It appears that it's not possible in Firefox 2. It used to be possible in Firefox 1.x by editing the config variable browser.windows.loadOnNewWindow This let you pick between blank, homepage, or the current page.

Sadly it appears that it's broken in Firefox 2. The devs have also marked the bug as invalid, so it might be time for some campaigning. The bug is 269664, and it appears quite a few people are annoyed at it's removal.

OP
F
Reaction score
:'( snif snif. it's not like it's the end of the world or anything lol but still, it's those little things that make life so much esier...

When you say "campaigning", what kinda thing do you think would work?

hihi

Jamie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Extension

Try the duplicate tab extension available here. I think it will do what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.