HP 7210 Wireless Printer and Mac Pro

H

Hengst_C2Cab

Okay, first thanks in advance to anybody who can help and I also apologize as this is my first post here at this forums and my first post as a mac user. I just purchased a new macbook pro and am in the process of getting everything running on it.

I am having issues with my home network. Using a linksys wireless network, I have a wireless HP 7210 all in one printer that I use with my other pcs on the network. A toshiba laptop and a sony vaio, both using Win XP PRO. The HP all in one was installed and set up to work with the other 2 pcs on the network.

My macbookpro found my home network with no problem and I am online and typing as we speak. When I downloaded the drivers for the printer (an unnecessary step for Tiger I later learned) and ran the setup problems occurred. It shows my printer the 7210, lits the mac address and the correct IP address, but when I run the scan it shows no devices found. What do i need to do to get this wirless printer to work with my macbook pro? Please help and thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz, Intel Dual Core, 80 Gb HD
Me too, can't get MacBook to 'see' network printer

i'm sorry I don't have a solution to your question, I have just got a macbook for Christmas and it connects with my PC network, but like you when i come to install a 7200 HP all in one printer the network lists the printer but the software and macbook don't see it on a network (TCP/IP) scan so I cannot get printing from the macbook without using a USB cable.

I look forward to someone answering this thread!!

BW Stephen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.