Ibook that has all kinds of problems

R

RBWare83

I have searched and searched but noone seems to have had this problem. I have a 900 mhz ibook that will boot to the hardirve some times but will never get to the actual desktop before giving an error about extensions and telling me to restart and hold shift, most of the times it has the blinking question mark. It will boot from a cd sometimes but most of the time it also comes up with the question mark, it will not always charge the battery.

Now this seems to me like this is the logic board gone bad, but just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Things i have tried:
Reset the PRAM
Reset the Power manager

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
It sounds like there isn't a valid system for it to boot from. If you do have multiple systems then startup holding the option key. It will show you the systems that it finds and you can then choose the one you want. Otherwise, I would suggest that you reinstall the system(s).

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.