• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

transferring imovie to external hard drive

S

sonl

I am unable to to transfer my imovie to my Rocstor 800 external hard drive. I get "Error code-51. Is this a formatting issue with the Rocstor? It is formatted as MacOS Extended. Should it be Extended (Journaled)?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Can you copy anything to your external drive?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It does not have to be a journal file system. By extended, i am assuming you mean HFS+. that should be okay.

No knowing which way you are trying to copy your data over, so I wil ask.

Have you trying copying the data from you internal drive to the external drive?
Also have you tried to save the data from with in the iMovie application to the external drive?

Reaction score
i'm having a similar problem... i tried saving from imovie directly to the external.. and it says the drive is locked.. or doesn't have enough room...

i know it has enough room and it can't be locked because i dragged pictures and music to it without a problem...

i'm stumped... HELP!!! :Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.