• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Strange interfacelift behaviour?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
I am having trouble with the icon sets I am downloading from interfacelift.com. When I unpack the .sit folders all the icons are missing, or the folder only contains one or two icons from a set. Sometimes if I download again, the folder will contain more items, or even the full set. I have only noticed this behaviour in the past week or so. Is this because of a problem with the host, safari or stuffit expander?? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I have experienced the issue with the empty folder after expanding it. They usually show up after relaunching Finder (quickest way is to hit command+option+escape, select Finder and hit relaunch). I don't know why it happens or why it only happens some of the time though.

OP
Craig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MacBook 2GB RAM
Thanks alot. Now I can get back to wasting my time with icons lol.

Reaction score
I am experiencing the exact same thing. I tried relaunching Finder per Michael's advice (thanks, btw!) but it's still doing it.

I have a .sit file called "transparenttrash.sit" ... I just clicked on it ten times, and now I have ten folders on my desktop each with a different number of icons in it! 11 items, 1 item, 4 items, 8 items, 3 items, 9 items, 1 item, 6 items, 13 items, 7 items ... I think there are supposed to be 22 icons total.

This happens with every .sit I try to open, using StuffIt Expander.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.