• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Official Camera Setup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 2.5Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2GB RAM; 250GB HDD
lol, my camerz gots

D40a.jpg

&

(dead link removed)

canons, seem to lead the way in camcorders;
yet nikon rule the world of photography :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jan 08 Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8 Core, 10GB Ram, 2.25TB, ATi Radeon 3870.
How do you like the CB105 Shoulder mount?

Are you a member of dvxuser?

Sorry it took so long to reply. I like the mount although the added counterweight plus the weight of the camera can wear down your shoulder pretty quickly. But you can get some extremely nice, smooth, steady shots with the thing. Beats the heck out of setting up a tripod, shooting, tearing it down and repeating.

And yes I'm on DVXUser under the same name (although I haven't been on in a while).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
Here's my baby, minus a couple of parts...

(dead link's removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
this is mine just got it 3 days ago..

mycamera.jpg

Canon Rebel XSi
18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM

Reaction score
you are very professional. Would you please offer me some suggestion on DC?
how about Nikon P80?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6ghz Duel Core 6GB RAM OS X 10.5.7
(dead link removed)

Sony HDR FX1

Reaction score
My XL1

(dead link removed)

Last edited:
Reaction score
cam pics

Hey your cam looking very nice. I have no pictures now. but i will put some up when I get the chance...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
My Setup

GoPro Hero3 Black Edition
-Battery BacPac
-LCD BacPac
-Pole w/ tripod Mount
-Numerous housing doors
- 2x 32gb PNY Class 10 Micro SD cards
- 1 64gb Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD card

Canon t2i
-18-55mm
-EF 135mm
-100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
- Manfrotto Tripod
- Glidecam knock off
- FIRMWARE:::: Magic Lantern, aka, the BEST!!

:D:Smirk::Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
GoPro Hero3 Black Edition
-Battery BacPac
-LCD BacPac
-Pole w/ tripod Mount
-Numerous housing doors
- 2x 32gb PNY Class 10 Micro SD cards
- 1 64gb Sandisk Class 10 Micro SD card

Canon t2i
-18-55mm
-EF 135mm
-100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
- Manfrotto Tripod
- Glidecam knock off
- FIRMWARE:::: Magic Lantern, aka, the BEST!!

:D:Smirk::Smirk:

Thanks for reviving a old, old thread :p

Very nice Set up there man, one for the Action and one for the still.
I have a thread going as om just getting into Photography, but shipped Monday will be a Nikon D7000 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens all for under $900 so im pretty stoked. Looking at getting a 35mm and a Tele Zoom for the future,.

My Brother inlaw races Quad bikes and was Aust Champion in his prime, but does the Fink Rally here and many others in between, and i was going to but a GoPro Hero 3 Black for his helmut to get a good 3 hrs of footage for the stages . . . I reckon they are a great set up and will be the Gold Standard for Action Camera's for the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for reviving a old, old thread :p

Very nice Set up there man, one for the Action and one for the still.
I have a thread going as om just getting into Photography, but shipped Monday will be a Nikon D7000 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens all for under $900 so im pretty stoked. Looking at getting a 35mm and a Tele Zoom for the future,.

My Brother inlaw races Quad bikes and was Aust Champion in his prime, but does the Fink Rally here and many others in between, and i was going to but a GoPro Hero 3 Black for his helmut to get a good 3 hrs of footage for the stages . . . I reckon they are a great set up and will be the Gold Standard for Action Camera's for the future.

The D7000 is a fantastic camera, great choice!!

I have always had a thing for nikons, but I use canons because, 1) they are a tad cheaper, and 2) They have more firmware mods that one can do.

Also, you got a great frickin deal on that gear!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The D7000 is a fantastic camera, great choice!!

I have always had a thing for nikons, but I use canons because, 1) they are a tad cheaper, and 2) They have more firmware mods that one can do.

Cool well that does cement in my head that i did get the best deal then ;) Shipped Monday and with a 16GB Eye-Fi 2x Class 10 and my sons 10th Birthday, im looking forward to playing with it and then have the .jpegs pop up on my iPad Mini, while the NEF will be on the other card to do some editing when i get home. I do love that this supports Dual Cards too . . .

1 Question though, what do you mean by Firmware Mods ?? That one can do ?? I know what Firmware is all about, but how do they have any baring on what the camera can do ?? Do they work like a Plugin to a Browser type thing ?? Giving you other/different options to shoot with ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Magic Lantern

Cool well that does cement in my head that i did get the best deal then ;) Shipped Monday and with a 16GB Eye-Fi 2x Class 10 and my sons 10th Birthday, im looking forward to playing with it and then have the .jpegs pop up on my iPad Mini, while the NEF will be on the other card to do some editing when i get home. I do love that this supports Dual Cards too . . .

1 Question though, what do you mean by Firmware Mods ?? That one can do ?? I know what Firmware is all about, but how do they have any baring on what the camera can do ?? Do they work like a Plugin to a Browser type thing ?? Giving you other/different options to shoot with ??

From what I know, canon cameras have more support for mods. Magic Lantern is basically the stock operating system on steroids. Lots of cool features, and it really brings out the best from the camera. It is also available for the D7000.

Check out this link, it gives a overview of what magic lantern does.
Magic Lantern | Features
:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
I'm not a camera buff so my cameras are pretty basic.
I have a Fujifilm A160 which cost me £8 on eBay. I also have another Fujifilm. this time an S2950. This is just a bit more advanced than the first one. It's a bit larger and has 14.0 megapixels and 18 x optical zoom and cost me £28. Third and last is an iSight camera that I won on eBay today. That was £29. Here's a link to it ....

(outdated eBay link removed)

So altogether, my cameras have cost me £65 plus another £18 paid out on eBay for 5 x 8gb micro SD cards and an SD card adapter and card reader.
Probably less than most folk pay for a single camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

It is a good camera, but i ended up selling that and a lens, for more than i paid for it, and then bought a D7100 for under 1K . . Im really liking the feel, build and the images that are coming out of the 7100. Beautiful Camera it is :)

Check out this link, it gives a overview of what magic lantern does.
Magic Lantern | Features
:Smirk:

Ahh ok, i will have a look at them. Thanks for posting a link. I dont think ill play with it just yet anyway, but always nice to know for when i do.. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.