Mac OSX/ OS9

Reaction score
I'm running Mac OSX & OS9 on my computer, the Memory size is 13GB which is now more or less split between the two progammes around 4.80GB to each.

Is there anyway to allocate more GB to Mac OSX and away from OS9

Reaction score
Are you talking about a 13Gb HARD DRIVE?
If so, that's not called memory, it's called space. And to answer your question..not without erasing and reformatting the drive and repartitioning it.
Then you get to reinstall everything!

OP
W
Reaction score
Space

Are you talking about a 13Gb HARD DRIVE?
If so, that's not called memory, it's called space. And to answer your question..not without erasing and reformatting the drive and repartitioning it.
Then you get to reinstall everything!

Thankyou for your reply Solomon, yes it was space I was meaning, sounds a little too complicated for me at this point in time,

Reaction score
Just to be clear, do you have your drive partitioned so that OS X and System 9 are on separate partitions?
If so, you probably should get/borrow a big enough hard drive to hold everything on your drive, clone your drive(s) to that hard drive. Then reformat your drive with just one big old partition and use Migration Assistant to haul everything back in. OSX and System 9 will live happily on one partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Partitioning the HD will take away some space also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.