Logitech MX510 and Tracking

D

DJBGlad

Hey all, new to the Mac world but have been around here lurking for a couple months. Anyhow, I just got a Macbook Pro and connected my Logitech MX510 for use while at home. I installed the Logitech drivers and also USB Overdrive and MouseZoom.

I have a few questions, without using MouseZoom the tracking speed of my 510 is just too slow. First, with the Logitech driver is there anyway to change tracking speed? I know in the PC version of the driver you can set acceleration and tracking speed to be ridiculously quick. I didn't see any option to do so in the Mac version of the driver, just button configuration options.

Second, with MouseZoom (assuming I can't use Logitech's driver to increase my tracking speed) the tracking speed goes to an acceptable level when turned all the way up. However, when I open World of Warcraft the mouse seems sluggish, is there any reason for this?

Any help you guys could give me would be great. I used the search feature and couldn't come up with anything that answered my questions well enough. If the 510 isn't going to work for gaming on the Mac could you guys suggest one that will? I'm looking for a mouse where I can set the tracking speed to be such where small strokes can move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other, I like a very sensitive feel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.