Powerbook 1400cs

T

Trios

I aquired one of these in a game of chance (OK, it was given to me, but the other way sounds better). It doesn't come with any kind of networking adaptor except an AppleTalk thingy, though it does have 2 PC card slots.

All the networking PC cards that I have don't seem to have Mac drivers, and I can't really seem to find any drivers anywhere for Mac PC cards...do they even exist? Is it possible to get an appletalk <-> Ethernet adaptor of some sort? Or, does anyone know where this mythical ethernet adaptor addon thing that goes in a hole in the back can be found?

Thanks in advance.

Trios

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I had a 1400cs for a while ...Mine already had the ethernet card installed when I bought it, so I can attest to their existence :D I have seen them on eBay from time to time. There are also some online stores for PowerBook parts, but I think they are mostly for G3 or higher, but its worth a shot I guess:

www.powerbooktech.com

www.powerbookfixit.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.