Mac CRM solution?

P

pmachalek

I am a partner in a two-person company. My partner and I use two separate Macs at two separate locations. We would like to find a CRM solution that we both can use. For the past year or so we've been using FreeCRM online, but it's less than ideal for our needs.

Here's what we're looking for in a solution:

1) Has to be Mac-compatible.
2) Can be online, but only if it's not slow (e.g., if you have to wait a couple seconds after adding information to a record field, it's too slow).
3) If it's installed on each of our computers, we'd want to be able to sync up periodically.
4) All relevant contact info should be on-screen while taking notes.
5) Should be easy to schedule a "next action" like a follow-up call.
6) Need to be able to personalize mass-emails and send them quickly and efficiently. We currently have a little over 1000 contacts.

I've played around with Daylite, but we have too many contacts for the mass-email process to work well, and it doesn't really fulfill on requisites #4 and #5 above.

I've thought about using the Mac Addressbook, iCal and Mail, but I'm not finding a graceful way to schedule a call to iCal from Addressbook, and I'd need to add some kind of mass-emailing package.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Have you tried salesforce.com? It's not cheap, but I hear good things about them.

I do not know of any standalone apps that are great CRM's, but Im sure there are some out there. You could always try http://www.macupdate.com or google for "online crm" and you'll find plenty of stuff out there.

Let us know what you decide if/when you find a good system for your needs.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.