No kids games are compatible?

Reaction score
Hey

Just got a new iMac for Christmas for the kids, and have multiple games that are "Macintosh" compatible, however NONE of them will install.

They all seem to have the "Stop" (circle with the line through it) on the install executable files.

Is it something I am doing wrong, is there a way to get these to work?

they have to be able to work, I have tried about 6 different games and same issue with all of them.

Thanks a lot :radioacti

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Are these games for the PowerPC Apple computers or the Intel Apple computers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
they should run in rosetta. i have ran old power pc games on my intel machine before.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ditto. they could be classic games though. that may be a problem.

Gav

Reaction score
Some kids games have Windows & Mac on the same disc. Make sure your running the Mac software and not the Windows Executables

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Rosetta just lets you run PPC applications on Intel machines; it's entirely automatic and you don't have to do anything in particular. I think Gav or eric might be closer to the solution. What version of Mac OS do the games require? If it's less than 10, then they're 'classic' games and will not work on OS X on Intel.

Out of interest, which file are you trying to run? There's usually a separate installer for the Mac version on the disk, as the normal SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE are Windows only and can't ever work on a Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
check you are installing the correct files. as others have said some discs have windows and mac version on them. games should run through rosseta although they will be a little bit slower.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.