• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

burning audio only to DVD-R

M

Mark Alsop

burning audio only to DVD

Perhaps there is a blank DVD disc just for audio? If so, how would I burn audio to that?
At the moment I am trying to burn an audio only track to DVD on a dvd-R disc. I am on Panther and have a superdrive plus Toast 6 Titanium. My objective is to play this disc in a common DVD player. I wish to burn 2 to 3 hours of music onto the DVD-R. My files are created in Pro-Tools and are currently AIFF. This, ofcoarse, can be changed to whatever format I need to allow burning. I am only aware of DVD-r. Is there a DVD-A (Audio????)

OP
P

PowerbookG417

simple do it as if you are going to burn a music cd, choose audio and stack you files in it should just detect the media you put in ( your dvd ) and start burning it, Now me i did it just as a normal data disc and included mp3's on it now it still works on your dvd player..well ones that play mp3's that is and all is good. if those options dont work for you click and hold on other tab in toast it will give you addition options

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.