Volume Control

Reaction score
I have turned all the volume controls I can find all the way up, but still can't get my external speakers to play very loud. Something has changed somewhere, because i was able to crank it up and rock the house. There are 3 other users on my Mac, I wonder if one of them changed something???
Mankind

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I have turned all the volume controls I can find all the way up, but still can't get my external speakers to play very loud. Something has changed somewhere, because i was able to crank it up and rock the house. There are 3 other users on my Mac, I wonder if one of them changed something???
Mankind

Double-check that your speaker input is plugged in fully to the speaker jack, not the line-in jack. Also check your connection from your speaker to the cord that connects it to the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
Mankind

Are your external speakers required to be plugged into a power source? Without being required to be plugged in, I think the external speakers can only go as loud as the internal speakers of the computer. It all depends on if there is an amplifier(should need to be plugged in to a power source) or not(doesn't need external power). Assuming that this information is correct, I hope it helps somewhat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.