Can't install Boot Camp-Says Verification failed, Disk Utility won't repair

Reaction score
I am trying to install the newest beta of Boot Camp. When I download and then install it it says for a few minutes it is partitioning the hard drive and then says "Disk cannot be partitioned because verification failed. Use disk utility to repair". I then go into Disk Utility and select the verify disk option and then it comes up with the error "Volume header needs minor repair. First Aid faild. Underlying task report failed on exit"
I'm relatively new to Mac and have no idea what to do. This is a month old system, a C2D macbook pro but do I possibly have a hard drive problem? Is there a way to fix it if so? I used partitions in the past successfully but was going to switch to Boot Camp which now works with partitions but I'm glad to go back to the standard partitions virtual drive but yet if it's a bigger problem anyway with the hard drive I want to fix it. Thank you in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
me too but ok a 1.83 ghz core duo imac helppp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
try contacting apple. because you get 90 free days of phone support. they should be able to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
The only way to 'verify' your internal hard disk is by booting with your Mac OS X install disc. While your computer is on, insert the disc. Continue by rebooting, and while your computer is loading press down C. This causes the computer to boot by the disk. From there, you can access disk utility and attempt repairing your internal hard disk. As a sidenote: Bootcamp requires Journaling enabled (last time I checked).

Edit: Make sure, before you do anything like this, that you have a solid backup in case something goes wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only way to 'verify' your internal hard disk is by booting with your Mac OS X install disc. While your computer is on, insert the disc. Continue by rebooting, and while your computer is loading press down C. This causes the computer to boot by the disk. From there, you can access disk utility and attempt repairing your internal hard disk. As a sidenote: Bootcamp requires Journaling enabled (last time I checked).

Edit: Make sure, before you do anything like this, that you have a solid backup in case something goes wrong.

yeah but wont that erase the drive? i dont wanna lose my stuff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh well i really dont wanna take any changes and i can live with out xp. it causes enough problems

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.